Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Frankenstein Unbound

years of discomfort, years of pain, seeking the answer, no one can tell
fatigue, abdominal pain, nausea, need relief, need diagnosis, living in hell
Mayo Clinic epiphany, chronic Hep C, with liver disease, my heart fell


taking action, fight the bug, Interferon injections, chemo therapy, revulsion
sick as hell, 2 years long, mental, physical, emotion, destroyed, beg conclusion
bad news, chemo failed, diagnosis bipolar, all I want is recuperation

handfuls of meds, daily routine, coming, going, dizzy disappointment
follow rules, taming the beast, can't think, no work, disabled, no improvement
5 years gone, much better I feel, can't focus, smile, relax, home confinement

liver end stage 3, Hep C destroyed, correct with transplant, new possibility
tough decision, solution weighs my mind, another's body part, no spirituality
afraid to proceed, afraid to stand still, my mind confused, losing resiliency

wringing my hands, decision to make, not one answer, really confound
alternatives, none, only one decision, all say my avoidance not profound
under the knife, new person revealed, energy, healthy, Frankenstein unbound