Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide

nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, it's a war out there, I don't pick sides
run for cover, fear, it's a combat zone, unwanted roller coaster rides
Arizona, Michigan, Washington, disease spreads, it cycles with the tide
hide in my room, hide under the bed, seclusive life to those I  confide
I'm scared, I'm worried, anxiety is high, I'll live like a recluse, a hermit's mind
no people, no friends, no strangers, just family, a calculated risk of the relative kind
watch the horrors on news, safe in my bed, my family's a blessing, some solace I find
guns shooting for nonsense, insanity rules, everyone's a target, we all stay confined

attackers find weakness, our social life, freedom breeds comfort, a terrible plight
comfort is false security,  we're still exposed, guns, try packing to make a fair fight
everyone's carrying, self-preservation a must, trust no one, nothing, show your might
society of vigilante's, sizing up all the options, loaded for bear, just bang in the night